Sigmarian Vanguard

Warhammer Online

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tome Unlocks.

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Tome Unlocks. on Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:04 am

Heyas,

I am very hooked onto this - if i am not blabbering too much that's probably I am alt tabbed reading about the Tome Unlocks I missed out on the way.
I am very much interested for any tips and advices that would trigger the not too obvious unlocks and especially unlocks that becomes "unavailable" after further levels.

For example; appearantly an unlock i can not achieve due to it being in tier1 warzone. Kill a mob - unable because it is in the middle of warzone. I doubt I or anyone can kill a level 11 mob as a chicken ;-)

Please put in some easy to miss or new discoveries here :-) I am sure I am not the only ToK-freak. ;-)

View user profile

2 Re: Tome Unlocks. on Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:06 pm

I'm a fan of tome unlocks, discovered the naked ones for myself before everyone was doing it. Also like the little touches like the moves a runepriest makes if you cast without holding a staff - probably something similar on all the casters.

View user profile

3 Re: Tome Unlocks. on Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:36 am

If you missed any in RvR zones, ask to group up with a few fellas in that tier, have them go kill the beastie for the tome unlock and you will still get the unlock from it.

Owner of a more glorious beard than Krogans
View user profile

4 Re: Tome Unlocks. on Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:38 pm

I just came to think of this one whilst we were trying to kill a 40 Hero in The Blighted Isle. The RvR zone in The Blighted Isle looks kinda like a roundish island thingy on the map. And its surounded with water on the north side of it at least. Now, if you swim into the water and approach the island from the northern side there are small caverns , I think three, that stretches along the the whole cliffside. You can only approach them from the water. Inside each of the caverns is a crystal that can be activated. I managed to activate them all, and when I activated the last there was this in the chat box : "You can hear a heavy stone door opening nearby" or something similar. I never managed to find that particular door. Could be something worth pursuing though perhaps? Very Happy

View user profile

5 Re: Tome Unlocks. on Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:59 am

Yes, pretty doable infact UNLESS you are a healer with a HoT. I discovered the possibility of it while was trying to get my AHHH unlock. The thing is ; the moment you start to swim closer to Dark Elf area you start to get fatigue and drown.

Bolts; about that part. Some of those unlocks we did with Segis yesterday; and those required the killing blow otherwise it wont count :-) unless a silly thing like this. Your idea works.

View user profile

6 Re: Tome Unlocks. on Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:42 pm

Is this when you try and get to the "Stone door" or whatever it might be? After the crystals has been activated? The fatigue and drowning thingy that is?

View user profile

7 Re: Tome Unlocks. on Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:29 am

I will give it a go later tonight. I didn't pay attention to it at the time as I was more interested in getting AHHHH. But it is right behind the starter area tower. If you are familiar with the area...Right behind that First Tome. If you jump down the cliff; you land onto a piece of land than you can jump again into water without dieing. Although it is deep water to swim so you start drowning Smile I noticed I could have reached the small piece of land there if i kept on hotting myself. But as i said didnt try it.

View user profile

8 Re: Tome Unlocks. on Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:30 am

Although - I have managed to get unexpected Achievment unlocks last night if anyone interested.

Couple of Exploration and 2 i think pursuit.

View user profile

9 Re: Tome Unlocks. on Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:12 am

One more thing about Tome unlocks. There are appearantly plungers out in the world. You know those little thing you press down and make TNT go off. Very dwarfish and such Very Happy They are located in areas where you arent really supposed to go. Im not sure if they made in ingame though. From what I read early on there are supposed to be around 10 or so in the entire game. Finding everyone grants something. They are appearantly called "Plungers of the world" and one should be located at the bottom of a ravine in Ekrund. The ravine is located under the bridge between the Ekrund keep and the first dwarven PQ. Its one of those tomeunlocks you can get if you "by some miracle" survie, as Paul Barnett puts it himself.

Again, im not sure they are in the game yet. It was talked about before game launched. A little walkthrough about it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBpsZVJDLac

Watching the video it seems like they are ingame. Not sure if its Obeta footage or post-launch footage Shocked

View user profile

10 Re: Tome Unlocks. on Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:29 am

Yep, funny enough I *just* read about plungers before I saw your post.Also i am a bit huffing and puffing about the open rvr rules vs core-rp rules. They dont become chicken until level 22 in tier1 - so fricking unfair >.<

Thanks a million for the tactical walkthrough Smile

I know I am the only lunatic who is after stuff in the Achievment section (as they dont give any tactic fragments) so I wont spam the forums unless there is interest for it Smile

View user profile

11 Re: Tome Unlocks. on Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:29 am

Spam away, any info is useful info Razz

Owner of a more glorious beard than Krogans
View user profile

12 Re: Tome Unlocks. on Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:10 am

Lacrima wrote:Yep, funny enough I *just* read about plungers before I saw your post.Also i am a bit huffing and puffing about the open rvr rules vs core-rp rules. They dont become chicken until level 22 in tier1 - so fricking unfair >.<

I'm pretty sure it's 12 not 22.

Lacrima wrote:I know I am the only lunatic who is after stuff in the Achievment section (as they dont give any tactic fragments) so I wont spam the forums unless there is interest for it Smile

Nope, I'm one of the loonies that's into any kind of tome unlock now, I'm addicted to them thanks to a certain WP who will remain un-named. Largely because I get Sag and Seg muddled up Smile

View user profile

13 Re: Tome Unlocks. on Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:17 pm

I actually shaped up an Exploration one and posted on wiki :http://warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/The_Herald

Feel free to check it out. It is accurate, written by and tested out by the compulsive obssessive moi.

View user profile

14 Re: Tome Unlocks. on Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:14 pm

flis matey...this wp is seg! Razz

i will give it a try tomorrow lac

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum